Alaska Berries was the first, and currently is the only, winery in the state that is certified as 100% Alaska Grown. We grow all of the fruit and berries used in the production of our handcrafted wines.
"From the bush to the bottle" allows us complete control of the entire
process. This insures the highest quality fruit is picked at its peak of
ripeness. Visiting our estate winery, you will see the care and
consideration that is given to our farm and our unique wines.
We invite you to a wine tasting at our farm & winery. Our business hours are Wednesday thru Sunday 2-7 pm. We are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Our farm is fenced and gated to keep the moose out, not you. Do not block the gate. During regular business hours, please open the gate and drive in. The gates open into the property. Once in the parking areas, please close the gate. If you need assistance in opening the gate, just call 252-8511, and we will have someone come out and open it for you.
- Blueberry wine
- Raspberry wine
- Strawberry wine
- Gooseberry wine
- Strawberry Gooseberry wine
- Redoubt Rhubarb Raspberry wine
- Red Currant wine
- Black Currant wine
- Sassy Goose wine
- Saskatoon wine
- Haskap wine
- Strawberry Rhubarb wine
- Rhubarb wine
- Growing blueberries in our area is a definite challenge.
However, the results are well worth it. Some years Mother
Nature provides us with more than others so our inventory is
constantly changing. This is a deep,
dark blue wine that will be sure to please. It is a mid-dry
- mid sweet range wine. 2015 this wine was awarded the
Blue Premium ribbon at the Alaska State fair. We feel the
new 2016 vintage is our best to date and so far, the customers
who have had a tasting love it. This is only available at
our tasting room.
- The very rich aroma of fresh raspberries is the first thing you will notice when you
sample this wine. Our raspberries are picked daily during
the ripening season which insures only the best ones are
harvested. Each bottle of wine will average over a pound of
raspberries per bottle. This is a light mid-dry to mid
- The fragrance of fresh picked strawberries is what this wine is all about. You will immediately be impressed by the rich aroma of strawberry.
The varities of strawberries we grow have some of the best flavors
and aromas, and it carries through to the wine. Most prefer
this one chilled. Of course you can never go wrong when having
some chocolate along with this wine. This is a light bodied med
- Our gooseberries are of Finnish origin and are well suited to our area. This berry is a sweet and tart berry that makes a
wonderful wine. This vintage, we bottled dry because many of our customers
dryer white wine. Customers comment on citrus, lemon, taste
similar to a Sauvagon Blanc.
- As you can guess, this is a blend of our strawberries and gooseberries. A
delightful semi-dry wine.
- A wonderful tasting wine that is a blend of rhubarb and
raspberry. The name is a nod to Mount Redoubt, the
volcanic mountain you see on our label. When you come to
visit, you see a view of Mount Redoubt as you drive towards the
farm. Mid sweet wine that we have a hard time keeping in
- Beautiful bright red color with a fresh, crisp taste to please your palate.
This is a light bodied mid sweet wine best served chilled.
We grow Holland Longbunch Red Currants which are one of the
varities with the highest brix content and it makes a wonderful
wine. Many have commented that this goes well with salmon.
- Deep midnight blue color grabs your attention and the intense bold rich flavor of black currants has a sweet earthy taste unlike other berries. The natural tannin structure adds complexity and boldness.
Of all of our wines, this has the most complex aroma and taste.
This wine is a med sweet wine.
- This wine won Division Champion Purple ribbon at the 2016
Alaska State Fair.
- Several years ago during "bench trials", we
experimented in blending these two wines (Saskatoon and
Gooseberry) together and found they
made a wonderful marriage. Hence the name, "Sassy Goose." This a smooth mid-dry wine.
- Saskatoon berries are also known by other names --- Serviceberry, Shadbush, and Juneberry. They resemble blueberries in appearance. Deep blue color with a very unique and pleasing flavor. A very smooth
- This berry origins are from the Hokkadio region of Japan.
Named by the ancient Ainu people of Japan, "haskap" roughly
translates to "many presents at the end of branches.
- This is our number one fruit plant on the farm where we
typically harvest 2 1/2-4 tons a year. It has 3 times the
antioxidants of a blueberry andd twice the anthocyanins.
- We make both a mid sweet and a sweet wine that will be sure
to please. Pairs well with almost any foods or desserts.
- This is a tried and true combination. The sweet strawberry
aroma mated with the unique flavor of rhubarb makes this wine a
favorite. Reminds many of their grandma's strawberry rhubarb
pie, only in a bottle. Not to dry nor to sweet, just well